Working out can become a boring routine. A kickboxing class can provide a variety of benefits for your physical and mental health. Kickboxing is the by-product of combative martial arts and high-intensity cardio. Kickboxing provides a full-body workout, therefore, you would only have to add one or two classes to your workout schedule to begin reaping the physical and mental benefits. Here are five key benefits of weekly kickboxing training.
- Improved Coordination. In a kickboxing class, you are required to do quick movement and stay balanced when doing a variety of kicks. Kickboxing will aid in strengthening your core. Flexibility will improve when taking a kickboxing class because of warmup and cool downs before and after class. As well, flexibility will improve when working on kicking the bag.
- Quick calorie burning. Studies have been done that kickboxing can roughly burn on average, 800 calories an hour. Gradually, your body will become more toned and there will be an increase in your metabolism. Kickboxing incorporates sparring, punching and kicking the bag, and other cardio exercises you will receive a total body workout. Therefore, kickboxing can aid in losing weight due to its high cardio intensity and strengthening of the core.
- Ideal for Cross-Training. Instead of doing basic treadmill runs, kickboxing is a fun way to add more cardio into your workout routine and it can substitute your cross-training classes.to make your kickboxing classes a little more challenging you can add ankle weights or wrist weights to add resistance. Kickboxing combines strength and cardio so you can get the best of both worlds.
- Great Cardiovascular exercise. Kickboxing is great for both aerobic and anaerobic training. Kickboxing will improve your overall heart health and increase the strength of your lungs. A strong heart will have lower risks of blood pressure, strokes, and heart attacks. Strong lungs will store oxygen that will aid in your muscles working harder for longer.
- Relieve stress. Stress is a part of life and kickboxing is a simple way to alleviate stress. Kickboxing’s intensity releases the chemicals dopamine and serotonin which are associated with happiness and positivity.
Everyone should try a kickboxing class at least once in their lifetime. Kickboxing will strengthen your core, improve your heart health and make you feel and look good.
For excellent, top notch kickboxing training check out Creative Fighters Guild in Richmond BC. They have well-trained instructors that will be more than willing to help you in your martial arts journey.